Every time I buy bananas, they end up turning black before we finish all of them. Even if I buy less, we'll still end up with a few that are too ripe for my liking, so I end up freezing them for either smoothies or a yummy dessert. Another option is to make raw banana bread bars...recipe to come :)
This weekend, I decided to use up some of those bananas. I posted a recipe for banana muffins a while back, but this one was a little different since it wasn't as sweet. There is no added sugar in this recipe! It's hard to believe, but I promise it won't even taste "healthy." I can't take the credit for this yummy snack since I found it at Keirsten's Kitchen.
(adapted from Keirsten's Kitchen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon. You may need to "sift" the almond flour to remove large clumps.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Finally, mix in melted coconut oil. This is done last since coconut oil is hard, you don't want it to clump up when added to cold ingredients.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Add the baking soda, do not mix. Add the apple cider vinegar. It will bubble up like a science experiement. Mix well.
- Fill greased loaf pan with batter.
- Bake loaf for about 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy with your morning coffee or a dallop of whip cream :)